The Eternal Hunt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart of the Heretic

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heart of the Heretic Empty Heart of the Heretic

Post by Léonce Bonnet Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 am

Despite his heretical stance, and his opinion on the Church of Viribus and it's followers as a whole, Léonce Bonnet
was not a man without heart. In fact, it was perhaps because he cared more than he should that he hated the church as much as he did. Sure, he was greedy. He wasn't perfect. If there was a God in the world, then surely he'd be severely judged.

But on the island of Tananjal, it was quite apparent looking around that God had abandoned the people here. This was where he grew up. Where he was born at. He knew he was quite away from where he called home now, but the church was looking for him. Being among the sick and dying was a perfect place to hide at, however. For the greediest member of the Virubis would surely never mingle amongst those who had no money to give. He knew he was being hunted down, and thus staying in one place for an extensive period of time was not in his best interest.

Having just arrived, he was making his way towards one of the smaller villages, his senses finely tuned in case of a possible attack from the mystery monsters. Not to mention, there was still much unknown about this disease; for that reason, he was fully clothed complete with a mask around his face and nose, underneath the half mask he wore. His quest here was a simple one. To find medicinal herbs. Between growing up here and being with the Sato Household for awhile now, as well as his time in the Viribus Church he'd learned a bit about combining the three together. Herbal remedies mixed with the future of science.

If God did exist and had abandoned these people, then Léonce alone would save these people.

Last edited by Léonce Bonnet on Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Heart of the Heretic Empty Re: Heart of the Heretic

Post by Ghandi Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:09 pm

He wasn't alone. All throughout the very same village that Leone wandered around one could notice multiple men and wome carrying huge crates with the Tsukuda Branch's logo. The crates contained food and other everyday resources, with a steady flow coming in thanks to the help of various Dreamborn.

These men and women, Godwoken or mundane, all tended to those in need as much as they could. Helping the wounded, feeding the starving and some even playing with the local kids. This was one of Tsukuda's many movements to help Tananjal after the numerous disasters that struck the good people. However, it wasn't an official one, so only the family's members or citizen of Tananjal would know of these events, and as such no cure has ever been delivered causing many of the helpers to grow sick themselves. They however, kept on working hard regardless of their condition.

Whether they took note of the Church Fugitive or not, they didn't seem to be interested in him, or know who he was at all.
Ghandi
Ghandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 am

Even if he wasn't a member of the Sato household, he'd have recognized the Tsukuda Branche's logo. Léonce knew that that old man was a compassionate one, as well as a scary one, though that was pretty much the extent of what he knew. Still, he didn't expect him to actually go out of his way to care for the damned. He couldn't help but smile underneath the mask he had underneath, hiding the lower portions of his face. The All Mother was an excuse for compassion, for human decency.

Remove her, and the Church of Viribus had nothing to believe in, because there was no reason to accept the ugliness of human nature. But, ultimately Léonce was still human himself. Nothing he could ever do would ever change that. And thus, he approached members of the Tsukuda household. "Pardon me," he said as he walked up to some of the Triumvate members.

"Please, allow me to assist you," Léonce said, for now abandoning the herb hunt due to a lack of places to put them.
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghandi Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm

"Ah. Thank you.", answered one of them, handing Leone one of the many boxes while they backtracked to their caravan to extract what'd be one of the last remains of supplies they brought today and returned to the worker bee cycle.

One of the Tsukuda approached the stranger as well, fully shrouded by a layer of protective gear and decorative cloth wrapped around his shoulders and head. "We appreciate the help, even with the Dreamborn, not all of us have the priveledge to hold the Godwoken title so it's still tough work. But don't feel forced to help out, if you're a local you should rest up, we're here to help not give you more to struggle with."
Ghandi
Ghandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Taking note of the cursed people who were ravaged by the suddenness of a plague, a woman on her last breaths moaned in a conflicting agony and ecstasy. Two digits harshly dug into her neck, vampiric fangs emulated in fingernails as veins pulsated and strained against the skin, the girl's forehead held by a gothically dressed "angel", bearing several red wings as feathers dropped upon the damned earth. "To embrace me is to mingle with death," one of the harbingers of a world's end began. "Your bravery will not be rewarded. Your willingness to stretch your hand to me in partnership will be, thus I will save you and your child." Valnareik, the winds of twisted romance, transformed the human woman into thrall as she grew fangs and her eyes converted to a bloodied crimson, falling to the ground in a crumpled mess as the mixing emotions and sensations overpowered the mind. The vampire angel did not smile, wearing a sullen scowl while staring at the newest addition to the Manor of Lust. A soul ravaged by despair that she violated through practiced motion, overtaking the feeble mind with offerings of a dark salvation.

"It is sad." The pale-white skinned ally of the reaper spoke, being nearby. He was dressed much more strangely, being out of place in any domain he would go to with a messy-ended and tattered, violet cape. It was matched with the dark bits of his attire that contrasted against his lighter colored skin, armored greaves draping his wrists as a black gloved hand lightly gripped a tri-bladed scythe. Its clear, perfectly crafted and deeply sharpened steel reflecting the image of the hapless sheep upon the terrain. His mouth hidden underneath a black mask, Rulenye - the preacher of philosophic silence - bore the image of the grim reaper in a different way than she.

"Quite." Valnareik responded curtly. "I will leave her and locate the child. This sorry lot is ripe for the taking... yet, not for trial. Souls weakened by the phantasmagorical essence of a Death God's touch through disease and they cannot fester against its adversity. Witnessing them commune fervently in hope, finding nothing in the hollowness of prayer..."

"... You are annoyed." Rulenye observed, seeing the fellow shut her eyes in a somber anger. An irritable sigh hissed through the exterior of apathy in the vampire. His gaze was sympathetic, though also stoic and only slightly charged with a hint of that emotion. It was not as if they hadn't seen this before, even if painful each time.

"Naturally." The Omen of Lust was upset, seeing families bundle together and a group of good citizens extending hand in assistance. It was damage control, unable to be helped by the kindness of familial warmth and instead the artificial love of medicine. Scoffing under her breath, she and Rulenye proceeded in their walk, uncaring for their standing-out appearances.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:12 am

Léonce simply shook his head towards the Tsukada member whom spoke to him, wagging his index finger as if correcting a child. "Wrong, wrong! That's not it! I am of the Sato household, here of my own volition!"

Taking a bow in quite the dramatic and eccentric manner, the half masked man introduced himself. "Léonce Émilien Adrien Bonnet, that is who I am!"

Standing up right after that introduction, Léonce smiled underneath the medical mask, a gentle smile. "I actually arrived here with the intent to procure some greenery to use as herbs that might be found here on the island. I believed that I'd be able to create something to sooth the symptoms for a short while. You see, I've done a bit of looking into the illness here, but... ultimately my expertise lies not in medicine. I am but a novice in that sense. Even if it is unseemly, manual labor like the sort you're doing might be something I am a bit more prepared to handle. Which is why...-"

His voice trailed off, as his eyes addressed the two figures that were near the entrance. It was hard not to notice their presence, but even harder not to feel it. With them, they brought a sense of charisma... but it was one that the heretic of Viribus was not keen on learning more of. He did not address them, but he did turn his head, glancing their way so as to get a better look at the two. "To think, a tragedy occurs so soon..."
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghandi Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:47 am

"Sato? I guess even swamps can have diamond in the rough. You lot usually don't look at minorities like this. Not efficient that, can't save everyone this." He was clearly upset with the ways Sato operate, thinking about the greater picture and profit more than they do about the suburps and the poor who can't even hope to dream of the boons they provide. "Our great father would probably take your actions with a grain of salt, but I myself would gladly help your research in any way possible." He in paticular had a weak connection to the karma, feeling only a chill run up his spine from the presence of the two strangers which he passed off as one of many dreadful feelings this place invokes.

The others however weren't the same, workers and villagers alike turned their eyes towards them one after another. Men and women alike couldn't peel their stares away from the woman out of intrigue, confusion, or perhaps sometimes even desire. Some felt fascinated by the two of them. Others felt pure terror spread across their body, there were even those who stayed on overwatch regarding them.

Some crawled at their feet in desperation and hope of salvation, others were far too deep into the infection to hold the strength required to move their body. The workers tried nothing, they knew that whatever may be afoot, they couldn't allow a fight to break out in this village, and had no intentions of doing anything that could spark the flames themselves.
Ghandi
Ghandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:44 pm

The unworldly duo gazed upon the masses, Valnareik's eyes squinting with a look of irritation to the infected wretches not even at their last legs, for they could not walk. Rulenye breathed, carrying the same upset as the woman with a scowl for those he could see not helping another. Unsightly was the scenario in which those about did not approach the dying, locked in surrender of "there is nothing we can do".

"Pitiful," Valnareik began, taking step before her comrade and kneeling down to the closest crawler. Lips curling into the slightness of a smile underneath the pitying expression, "You come hither, edging in your fruitless, slow impetuous in useless prayer... You should be reaching to a beloved, letting your aching heart beat its last as love envelops your sickly soul." The Omen of Lust spoke haughtily, grasping their hand gently with both of her own contrary to the words. Eyes closing, the demonic sweetness of the foreign vampire continued to compel them, bringing a halt to their action beyond agonized moaning, now quieted. "... Still, you are fortunate. You are male, making path to a beautiful woman before you that you have never seen. Dying in the height of your pain is a terrible departure, yet one filled with pleasure and release takes you to a high beyond illness..."

Those witnessing the spectacle would see her motion to the man's head, dropping his hand and lovingly grasping at his cheeks. Perfectly manicured and scarlet painted nails tapped, scratching lightly at the decaying gent's face. It was the mixed demeanor of salvation and poison, her wings stretching a bit to give the visage of a darkly colored angel. "You could not stay with your beloved. However, you have approached myself as any would when captivated by my imagery. Thus, I will save you... Embrace me. In exchange for clinging to life, you will be mine. Suffocate in the sensory, for the trial of your natural born lust will be your rebirth." Prettied, pretentious words were scattered about by the sudden gleam of her fingernail, two jabbing harshly into the neck of the sickened wretch. Her eyes opened, seeing veins bulge and pulsate from the victim's body. The writhing grew worse, rolling about on the ground until crimson patterns lined themselves upon his neck. What was shocking of this event was the infected's fanged teeth twisting and contorting from its misery to a crazed, wild grin.

The infected one flopped onto the ground, remaining for a few moments until full-body twitching and jerking. In mere seconds, he shot to his feet, wide-eyed in shock as his newly crimson iris gazed upon the world. Jaw-slacked and awestruck, he turned to the woman with natural, human-proper movements and gasped, throwing himself at her and wrapping his arms about the vampire. Valnareik was unmoving to the thrall's embrace, looking toward the others seeking salvation from the demoness through the same, returning frown.

Rulenye raised his arms, gesturing the infected and sick to gather and approach. Several grew excitable and frantic, pushing and shoving one another through bursts of strength to drag their dying forms about the ground.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:09 am

Much like the two had their sights on the masses, Léonce had his eyes fixed firmly on them. A very obvious weariness was in his eyes, carefully examining the two that made their way into the village. The way they carried themselves inspired fear into the traitor of the church, their very presence giving him further reason to deny the existence of the All Mother, for no being of good will would have allowed such creations to wander the earth. He wondered if these two were the reason for the disappearances in Jadai, though he wasn't sure.

"Pitiful," the woman said as she examined the scene.

Pitiful? Was that how she saw this? Well, Léonce admittedly couldn't deny that. It really was. A land filled with an inevitable death. Even Léonce felt that the only salvation for these people was a swift execution. However, he was also a humanitarian, one who feverently believed in man's own potential to achieve any and all things on their own. Even if they lacked a solution to one thing now, they would eventually create a solution. It was never a matter of "if", always "when". This plague would be cured by man's own hand; God would not play a role in that.

Léonce watched as the villager crawled towards Valnareik, like an infant reaching out to his mother for help. However, at this point Léonce was now worried. There was absolutely no help that these two could offer that any rational person would want. Even as sick as these people were, surely they realized reaching out to these people was like making a deal with a devil.

As the woman spoke, Léonce couldn't help but appreciate her little monologue, twisted as it might have been. Much like he himself was, she was one who was quite fancied a flaire for the dramatic. Still, she was wrong on one aspect. However, as he was about to interrupt her, he stopped.

"Those are... wings," he said, gasping in disbelief. He could tell that these people were not human in how they carried themselves, but he didn't think he was dealing with literal monsters here. The man flailed about in an agonizing pain, his suffering clearly amplified. Sweat dripped as he watched this event unfold. What was happening? Was this real? ...No, he was one to accept things as he saw them. As terrifying as this was, it was reality.

"Don't share your fear..." Léonce thought to himself, before clapping. Clapping loudly, focusing all of his attention on himself, before quietly addressing the man next to him. "Try to get as many of your people out of here, as well as the sick. I don't like where this is going."

"Wonderful! Wonderful! What a marvelous performance you've displayed, fair lady!" he said. "Saving the man's soul by shedding his humanity! Truly, an ingenius method. But, you're wrong on one thing, I have to admit. Prayer? I must apologize, but you'll find none of that here. At least, from me. I've long since realized there is no God, no All Mother. Prayer is a naught but a wish that the fools who inhabit this world cling to."

"I reject the notion of the divine, you see. I reject the notion of evil. There is nothing that I accept, nothing but human ingenuity and potential. And thus, I ask you to leave."
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:59 pm

Seeing the island in the horizon this soon surprised Markus. Either he forgot how far Tamanjal is from the mainland or the boat is just that fast. After making the landfall and assisting miss Sato he breaks the silence. "This disease supposedly has no cure as of now. Please, stay by the ship if you do not want to get infected. I will come back after I am done."

As he goes deeper into the island he finds a village. The sight in front of his eyes was, unfortunately, way too familiar. People suffering, struggling, dying. Markus does not know anything about the plague, thus he cannot help those people. One day, perhaps. For now he looks for the reason why he is here in the first place - Léonce.

After some time he finally finds him, though there is more to the situation than him. Aside from dying villagers there are also people helping them, bearing the mark of Tsukuda branch of Akryu Triumvirate. What is much more worrying is the two figures, man and woman, clearly not human. Which means only one thing - dreamborn. The female one just did something unspeakable to an innocent person. The thought that it is not her first victim ignites the old flame in Markus. Once again, despite those people struggling to survive against a plague, there are monsters haunting them. Léonce can wait, he can even run away now for all Markus cares. Those two dreamborn must die. Léonce's speech, despite being a bit shocking for him, does not matter at the moment as it seems he has no intentions of running away - quite the opposite in fact.

Markus walks forward, moving to the side of Léonce and facing towards two dreamborn, hounds and striges following and circling around him. He walks with seemingly unshakable will and determination, like rain before the storm. His tone of voice was calm, yet full of fury at the same time. The only reason he did not attack instantly is to give time for Tsukuda members and villagers to get get out of the way.

"Die, monsters. You don't belong in this world."
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:36 am

Rulenye watched the approaching heretic's motions, finding the jest in them and scowling. His eyes squinted, brows furrowing with an irked countenance as he remained quiet. The Omen of Silence did not change his posture, keeping the multi-bladed scythe leveled as to not threaten, merely keeping his eyes on the flashy retorts and noting the hints of sweat found at the newcomer. I see. The pale man almost scoffed, reeling his head back slightly and raising an inquisitive look at the notion of leaving for someone else's philosophy.

He did not need to speak his partner's name.

"How extra." Valnareik said in reply to Léonce, her expression unmovingly stoic after hearing what the man had to say. "Speaking on the behalf of others is a vulgar means of disconnect. The world requires those who will talk - mingle amongst themselves in their passionate heats of love and discontent. Should you reject divinity, seek others who do so and find communion with those who do not." The Omen of Lust shared Rulenye's upset, her tone dressed with tinges of disappointment, but still speaking in an effort to reach this man proper. The thrall converted by her clung to her, to which she signaled to leave be and pointed to that thrall's home, somehow knowing where he lived already.

"There is another." Rulenye informed, leading Valnareik to turn to the side and bear witness to the approaching plague doctor-dressed individual. Detecting hostility carried in Markus' walking, the scythe-wielder scrunched slightly over the permeating heat. Again did the Omen of Silence find himself bothered, though less so in observing the obvious body language.

"Also extra." Valnareik sighed, her ruby lips forming a small pout and adjusting herself straight in addressing the men. "Approaching that which you know not in an instinct to kill is lamentable. And requesting our departure for one's own atheism is but one of many ways to kill conversation, ruining the means of romanticism... Clear your heads, you are... 'worked up over nothing'." The vampire continued her quick preaching, maintaining her dignified tone throughout it all and remaining calm, eyelids half-shut at intervals where the topics of her aspect were spoken of. Even coming down to their level, she used a saying found in most human history. "I have saved that man, after all."
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:45 pm

"Saved? You stole that man's soul and made him your slave. Mankind ill needs saviors such as you."

The female dreamborn speaking about 'working up over nothing' only confirmed that he was dealing with monsters which do not value a human life. Markus continued the conversation despite it being pointless, as the end result is either dreamborn running away or fighting, but he had to make sure he bought enough time for Tsukuda operatives and villagers to escape and hide before he could initiate combat. Watching the situation was fairly easy thanks to striges flying in the area. The other thing he got to know is that those dreamborn are intelligent. They can speak, have beliefs and opinions, even if dictated only by instinct. That makes the duo even more dangerous than originally thought.

The other unknown is Léonce himself. Markus does not know his fighting ability, if any. Léonce would not stand up to those monsters without either means to fight them or escape, he was not a complete fool. Then again he probably faked, or simply not revealed, his fighting prowess just like he faked his faith in Judecca. At the current moment the assumption is that he will leave Markus to fend for himself.
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:15 pm

"How absolutely fortuitous" Léonce thought to himself as a new challenger arrived. Of all the pursuers he could have asked for, the good hunter here was the one he was most grateful to see. One who, in the moment, would prioritize the eradication of hostile Dreamborn rather than taking him into custody. How Markus carried himself in some conversations made Léonce believe that in this moment, he was not at risk of this becoming a three on one scenario; if anything, the odds had become even.

Still, admittedly Léonce wasn't sure if their combined might would allow them to repel these unwanted house guests.

Léonce laughed boastfully as he his little speech was referred to being "extra", and as the woman preached her logic. He, speaking behalf on others? It was a habit of his, sure. He wouldn't pretend that it wasn't. However, in this instance, he knew he was in the right. "I'm quite pleased to inform you that I have done just that, Miss...?" Léonce said, leaving off for the woman to introduce herself. "Indeed, I have found quite a home. However, I'm not thrilled with you turning that man into one of your minions. No, that simply will not do at all!"

"You say it's presumptuous of me to speak on behalf of the island here? Yet your idea of saving one comes at the expense of killing their individuality. A man who worships anyone or anything blindly like that thrall did-- that is not what it means to be human. You saved the body but killed the soul. And that is as unsightly as your lack of modesty."

"Perhaps, if you chose to do this anywhere else I wouldn't be getting so, as you say, worked up. But I speak on behalf of these people because I am one of these people. Tananjal is where I was born. You have no right to claim the people here as your own. Human ingenuity, tenacity, and potential will bring about the cure to save their body and soul-- something you're incapable of doing."
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:16 am

"Stole his soul? Killing their individuality? Made him into my slave? ... Ah, humans here have the same perspective as usual." Valnareik held some confusion as she repeated these rephrases, her eyes a little wide for a moment before understanding their upset. Then, her face returned to its usual stoicism. "On what grounds do you believe I have robbed him of such things? You merely see and go off folklore of... dreamborn, was it? Fiction of vampires." The Omen of Lust was not entirely sure of how information of fairy tales and dreamborn differentiated here, or how developed either was really. The way she spoke implied they have come to a sort of misunderstanding, so she made a point to not make a sudden movement and Rulenye did the same.

"Communicate with me." She requested, though it came across very much like a demand. "Assumptions and actions decided so quickly before mingling with another lacks romance, turning the world gray without affection." Still upset with how jumpy these two seem to be, she proceeded to explain herself proper while closing her eyes. "That man is a servant to the Manor of Lust, he is indeed a slave." Beginning honestly, she hid not the implications of becoming her thrall. "However, make no mistake... I am not anything like the Usurping Thief, if Octrice is in this world. I have stolen nothing from that man... No, he gave his soul of out of free will to be saved." To human minds, that was probably not better, but she didn't quite think like a human.

"Do you know that building he is scrambling toward?" The vampire inquired as Rulenye pointed toward it for them. "My thrall have no need for material possessions... The body of another is enough. No, that man... he is going to one he knows - one to embrace with his second life."

"The point of human ingenuity." Rulenye reminded her.

"... There is nothing to note. I have saved that man and will save others who approach us with a wish to live, then they will spread undying lust to one another in return as an expression of jubilance. If you can save others, then do so all the same. Overcoming such a plague is one of your trials."
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:28 am

Those two, whoever they are, fashion themselves as more than dreamborn. If so, they are even worse. She also speaks of one more being like them that could exist. Their blindness to what humanity is makes it obvious that they seek either to fulfill their selfish needs or desires at the cost of average person. Those two already cause enough havoc as it is, and with every word she utters Markus' resolve to destroy them grows.

The scythe wielder does not seem present in this conversation, but Markus knows those two are in this together. And that he, just like him, is getting a read on the situation one way or another, Markus just does not know how. Maybe he is more dangerous out of the two, maybe he has no agency regarding his partner. Too many unknown factors, aside from one - they need to be stopped.

Léonce seems determined to not leave, but they must not attack yet. Let them preach while innocent people get to safety. Only few more left and after that they will make their move together. Teamwork between them may not be as good as between their opponents, but a common cause should unite them and in result allow them to fight against adversity.
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:48 am

Léonce found himself sighing, expressing a degree of... disappointment in it? He understood full well the gravity of the situation, and still strove to have all eyes on him as the workers tried to flee while getting the sick from here. But, Valnariek was doubling over her own words, claiming one thing, yet saying another. It was a practice he was all too familiar with, a common thing he did when pretending to care about the church. However, he was smart enough to not contradict himself in the same bit of dialogue, despite his lengthy monologues. For one who demanded "communication", she already messed it up as far as the silver haired man was concerned.

"You say we have the same perspective, as though it's nothing more a baseless stereotype," Léonce began to say, circling his hand around as he walked about, putting himself between the Omens and the workers now. "Yet you also do not deny the fact he is naught but a slave. So, our wariness is not mere perspective in that instance; it is reality. Let's say, purely for the sake of example, that I made you my slave and bent your will to my own. Your companion may not care, but one as beautiful as you is sure to have those who would wish to harm me to liberate you. Maybe for their own desire, maybe out of care. The reasons are numerous, but I have faith that you understand what I'm getting at."

"Individuality--expression--living ones life as they see fit. These are absolutely essential in forming an identity. What beauty is there in living if not living by one's own standards? Nay, life as mere slave is as ugly as your argument. And thus, I compel all the villagers here! My brothers, sisters! Hear what I have to say."

"Do not pursue a poison that kills the greatest treasure you have! For what is the point in living if it means giving up who you are? A mere slave is not a life suited for you all! I will see to it that you will live, and I will ensure this plague is beaten! On my name, Léonce Émilien Adrien Bonnet!"
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 am

Valnareik's expression did not change as the people were rallied by the heretic, merely blinking and raising an inquisitive brow. "He is a slave, however I did not say he was nothing more. I have explained that I stole nothing - his individuality included." The vampire began her closing statements, wings stretching for a moment and then receding. "Answering the call of another, yet having the ability to make decisions of your own still... That is the result of asking a vampire to save a life. What you call a poison has stirred more change than words."

"That is why this conversation is droning on." Rulenye stopped Valnareik before she could monologue further, his voice deep with exaggerated exhaustion. His gaze has become fixated and vexed. "Such a wordy exchange in a conflict of philosophy, a pointless one given that. You need only shake your head to convey 'we are not leaving' and we will do what we deem correct." The reaper got his comrade's attention, who remained quiet. "Silence is golden. Your actions spoke enough and so do theirs."

"... I suppose." The vampire conceded to Rulenye's point, understanding their talk had been a back-and-forth of trying in one-upping each other in explanation. The justifications of a vampire and the justifications of a human do not mesh for a reason.

"Tedious..." The Omen of Silence spoke curtly. "Will you force out those you disagree with? Simply say so. I commend Valnareik's idealism for communication with you, but I do not carry the same ideal, so may we choose our actions now and let that take us where we shall be." This was not a declaration of war, given that he kept his scythe-wielding hand still without threat. Whether he wanted a peaceful conclusion or merely thought lowly of them in combat potential, one couldn't tell as he hid his mindset through a calm, but watchful gaze.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:36 am

The scythe wielder spoke with surprising amount of sense. Intentions of both parties are clear. Almost all villagers and Tsukuda workers are out of harm way so that when fight starts no one will be in crossfire. Markus takes a stance and is ready to fight, as soon as Léonce was ready to either fight or run away.

Markus hates those types of encounters. Not only he knows nothing of his enemies, he also knows nothing about his potential ally. Preference does not matter at this moment. All of his life Markus fought against immeasurable odds, this time seems no different. He is ready to in the worst case scenario at least occupy those monsters long enough for everyone to spread and hide from them, second best is to weaken them enough to stop them from continuing and in the best killing them. The one thing that is completely missing from Markus is fear. He is ready to once again fulfill his duty as the hunter.

Turning his head to the potential partner Markus says only those words: "Are you ready?"
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:10 am

Léonce wagged his finger dismissively. "Do consider your audience, mademoiselle," he said. "A slave is a slave, is it not? Is the man even capable of having an opinion that differs from your own? Is he able to stand against you if he disagrees with how you do things? And even if he is, how can you guarantee any degree of safety for him for doing so? Simply 'saying' that you wouldn't do anything means nothing. I can be quite a cynic."

The half-masked man did agree with Rulenye's point, however. It was a simple enough point, but it wasn't Léonce's style. It was too drab, too to the point. There was no style in how he carried himself. Léonce was fairly confident that this man was quite drab and offered no entertainment as far as speaking. The woman was more interesting in all ways; not that he'd fancy her company any time soon.

Léonce silenced himself as the Omen of Silence continued, respectfully allowing the scythe wielding man to continue as he went on. Having no interest in a fight when he could tell that these two were not the sort he wanted to confront in his birthplace, Léonce took a deep breath. "Then, may I be the one to suggest a proposal?"

"There are no longer any souls who are seeking you out. In other words, you have no reason to linger upon this island, correct? In that case, the most logical thing to do would be for you to leave. It would also take you far less effort to leave than the people here, due to the supplies that have been brought. Unlike my companion, I have no interest in fighting, especially when so close to the homes of my brothers and sisters."
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Best Girl Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:26 am

"... That is-" Valnareik looked to answer the man's first questions, but stopped herself in knowing Rulenye's call-out would be correct. The retorts would drag out in a war of opinions and life philosophies. Thus, the vampire remained quiet and listened to the proposal. She would have spoken to disagree on the notion that there were no more souls seeking her out, but-

"A war of words is unsightly." The Omen of Silence spoke, having gotten a good read on the heretic and the hunter. The latter barely spoke, letting his body speak raw hostility concealed in a powerful, prepared calm. Disdain for the inhuman carried in the few statements he gave told enough of a story for him to deduce feelings of a sort of xenophobia. Rulenye seemed more at ease through this information and the process of discovering it, as it is someone he could do his own communicating with later.

Valnareik, one of the ten who was based on a cult of "mingling" and a showy atheist in the same place, however, was going to drive him up a wall. His gaze didn't grant disrespect to their concepts, only that they wouldn't shut up about it. "... We may return to this village. At least, until we find our other eight. Should that time come, let your body speak for you." A calm, generous warning as he looked to the quiet Omen of Lust.

"Very well." She conceded to Rulenye's wish and Léonce's deal. "... An interesting discussion, at least. While he may not wish for us to continue, I would like to continue communicating with you... We can find embrace in the words he dislikes so." The strange contrary of the Omen of Silence spoke to the heretic, holding to her belief as he did while still wishing to find common ground, as she stated for him to do with others. They both turned their backs, taking their slow steps in depart as the same pitiful gazes fell upon the infected.
Best Girl
Best Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 am

As much as he would like to pursuit the monsters, it would be foolish. He has no knowledge of them and together they were likely to overpower him. Another thing to ask Arcus about once he comes back to the church headquarters. For now it seems like the situation has been defused and the new threat has been discovered. Nonetheless, the reason why he came to Tamanjal in the first place is still present, and in fact standing right next to him. Markus sighs and after doing so speaks, watching the monsters depart.

"Léonce, we have to talk. Let us find some remote place to sit down. And if you are thinking about running away, do not. If I found you once I can do so again."

His voice was firm, but not threatening, with none of the fury that he had mere seconds ago. After speaking he proceeds to lead the way in search of place he mentioned. His back is turned to Léonce, but he could not help to feel like he is still being watched. Probably because of hounds circling the area and striges patrolling the air.

A small abandoned house, with a table and two seats presented itself. Unless there is a place that serves drinks nearby, this would suffice. Markus takes a seat and awaits for Léonce to sit as well.
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Léonce couldn't help but sigh in relief. That was close. Too close. The worst had at least passed, however, which was good. Still, the heretic knew he wasn't out of the woods yet. There was still the matter of Markus.

When it came to tracking his target, Markus was pretty good at what he did. However, this was the first time the silver haired man had heard of him tracking an actual person. Léonce tapped his chin as Markus left, deliberating the options he had available to him. He could certainly run; however, for Markus to be the first to leave meant one thing...

Looking upward, he noticed peculiar birds encircling the air. "An experienced Hunter, indeed..." Léonce thought to himself.

The woods in the surrounding area were also particularly thick. It'd been many years since he'd tried escaping through there. The old man likely had the port blocked off; though, Léonce hadn't actually properly docked his boat. Instead, he'd docked it a bit off shore, complete with an anchor to keep it from drifting off. However, he'd have to get back through the woods to get there; likely dealing with some Dreamborn that the old man had also placed around.

Sliding three cards from under his sleeve, the effect was almost instant as three duplicates of the man appeared. This was his trump card in this moment, having all other plays taken from him. The four ran around in a circle for a short minute, before each seperated, going separate ways. One was headed west into the forest, one headed for the docks. The two others headed south west.

The birds would not be able to note any differences from the ariel view; it'd take a close up examination.
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 am

As he was sitting and waiting for Léonce in the small house, he did what Markus partially expected, but not hoped, him to do. It was disappointing and as much as Markus understood the reasons behind it, he hoped that Léonce would be reasonable after the encounter with the two monsters and that not attacking him as soon as they left in addition of simply requesting to talk to him was enough show of goodwill. Now he had no choice but to hunt him down. He is still willing to offer him a chance, but now he will have to be more forceful about it, as much as he does not want to do it. Standing up Markus allows Karma to flow in addition of activating one of the Cores, another thing he did not want to use during this mission, and moves out.

Divided into four groups of three hounds and two striges, his beasts began chasing each copy attempting to peck, bite and slash, anything to slow down the quarry while not hurting it a lot. At this point Markus was in full speed and already caught one of the copies headed to the docks and realized it was fake. The way he used his karma was certainly something Léonce does not expect, thinking him old, decrepit and reliant on the beasts. It is also reason why he hunts alone - whoever would go with him would be repulsed.

This is why going after people, a Godwoken to boot, was much trickier and something Markus was not used to. Beast is a monster. Some are cunning, but at the end of the day they are driven by impulse. In addition, Markus usually attacks and tries to kill his target as fast as he can, but he cannot do so here in addition of traveling great distances. Even now, with a copy which was headed to the forest caught, he may not make it to catch the other two.

There should be now only one copy left. They were both heading south, but Markus encountered a problem in form of their tracks dividing - one went further south west and the other south east. By now he only had time to follow one so he had to choose since his beasts would not be able to actually stop him. There was no time to hesitate, he decided to go further west. There must have been a reason why he had one of the clones suddenly go other way, and he is smart enough to think that Markus would pick one heading east - to the docks. For this reason Markus continues to chase after one heading south west.

As Markus runs he finally notices him near the shore, preparing a boat. As he almost took off Markus extends a fleshy tentacle from his arm and wraps it around Léonce, pulling him towards himself. He now sincerely hopes this is not a copy.

"This was not the place I had in mind for our conversation, but it is remote enough. Now tell me, why I did not knock you out and drag your limp body in front of Arcus?"

He did not sound angry, instead he sounded inquisitive and in a way like disappointed parent catching his child outside late at night.
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonce Bonnet Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:37 am

Léonce knew he only had a small window of time to work with. Markus was a wise old man. Though he wasn't sure how skilled he was at hunting people, Markus did have quite the reputation. And thus, he ran. He ran like hell. He made sure to run with purpose, because he had to get away.

There was a chance that by wanting to talk with him in private, Markus was offering him an olive branch. However, it was also just as possible that that branch would snap. At the end of the day, Markus was still a Hunter who worked for the Church. And Léonce knew that he was a wanted man by the church. He had no regrets about what he did. Fools would always be fools. That money was used to buy the clothes he adorned, the expensive meals he'd always dreamed of eating. It was used to fulfill the live he deserved after being trapped here. But most importantly...

That money was used to buy the boat that he used to get here. That money was used to try to understand the plague so that he could save his brothers and sisters. God abandoned them, but Léonce hadn't. Sure, he might have taken a bit longer, but what was so wrong about that? Why shouldn't he have taken a moment to bask in the life that none back home would dream of? He could tell them all sorts of wonderous stories, to give them something to hope for. That that was a life they could one day have for themself to. Hope after the disease was just as important as hope for a cure.

The finish line was in sight. He was so close. If he could get on the boat, no matter what, he'd be able to get away. The speed on the sea was something that could not be matched, even for a Godwoken. That was precisely why the heretic had chosen such a vessel. He could do thi-

"What?!"

A massive tentacle suddenly wrapped around his body; he knew the animal life here wouldn't have changed enough for something with a tentacle to be attacking him. That only meant...

"Markus..." he quietly murmured, followed by a series of curses in a foreign language.

Instead of answering the question that the Hunter asked, Léonce simply flicked his hair. "I must say, this look is quite unappealing for you, dear Markus. In fact, it's ruining my robe."

"I don't suppose there's any chance you could drop the tentacle? Even I know when I'm beat," he said, looking up towards the sky. Those strange birds encircling him like vultures.
Léonce Bonnet
Léonce Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthChungus Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 am

"I do not think so, not at this point, Leo. Back to the topic. From what I have heard you had an ideological reason to leave the church. However stealing that money was crossing the line and it resulted in this situation as I would not do this if you simply left. Other hunters would catch you at some point and they would not show you mercy. But then let us say you manage to fend them off or escape, and continue to do so for a time. You want to help your people, on this very island. With a church order on your head that would be difficult, even worse if you would be eventually caught. Running away from me when I simply wanted to talk was another thing you should not do, but I can understand why you did so."

Markus spoke in a way to not belittle him, but to give him advice. Even using the name he called him back when he was pretending to be Virubite was on purpose, he tried to connect to him.

"And we can clean your robe after we are done."
DarthChungus
DarthChungus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next